Monday, May 17, 2010

Labor Day Escapade

May 1, 2010

Alas! This marks the start of our trip. We woke up early in the morning and prepared our luggage for our incoming trip. An hour later, we’re good to go. We’ve done some final checks to see if we missed something important. Finally, we prayed for good voyage and a safe trip.

There were inconveniences and mishaps on our way to Baguio. First, we endured a bad detour because the bridge in that area is still under construction. Worse, drizzles of rain fall like a warning sign that something will happen later on. After that event, we refueled at Shell and had a break on a store nearby. When my Dad checked the car, he realized that something is wrong. So my dad and one of my uncles rushed to a nearby repair shop which caused an hour and a half delay on our trip. Fortunately, the car was repaired successfully.
The following posts will feature our destination places in Baguio.

Anyway, my Uncle knew one place we could rest and spend the rest of the night in. It’s an “apartelle” and unfortunately, I forgot the name of that place.  For those who are not familiar with that term, it is more of an apartment but is charged per day basis unlike the ordinary apartments, where boarders are expected to pay at the end of the month or a specific date agreed upon the owner.


The rain poured as we explored Baguio and by the way, it is my first time so I am excited about this trip. The weather is somewhat unpredictable for sometimes it will rain, and sometimes will not. First, we had a nice walk around BURNHAM PARK and did some boating (and crap! I do not know how to row a boat, so please teach me!) along with the whole family with some relatives. After that, we rested and sung a bunch of songs with my cousins a.k.a “Asuncion Brotherhood”. After that, we had a change of rooms, instead of dividing the rooms per family, they decided to separate it per age-group, two rooms will be for adults (our parents) and some close adult friends and one room for the rest of the cousins. I was given the responsibility to take charge with the key and the rest of my younger cousins since I am the eldest among them. We were happy though because we will spend the rest of the night together. Fortunately the rain stopped and hearing a “go” signal, I knew we were all set to Baguio.

With a convoy of four cars, a whole bunch of a happy people and a fresh scent of air after the rain, this is what I call vacation. We started our road tour at about 4:00 in the afternoon (road tour because it’s getting late and there are still a lot to explore so they decided to just present us a glimpse of what tourists sought for in Baguio. (I will do a comprehensive story telling later on))

After the road trip, we rested again and had a scrumptious and delicious dinner alongside. During the end of the day, we had some good times with the rest of the ASUNCION CLAN, and some giggles and chat and a lot of memories with the BROTHERHOOD.

I feel so tired that day, so I slept early and tucked in my makeshift pillow. (“makeshift” because we lacked some pillows, so I converted my blanket to a pillow instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment