Thursday, June 17, 2010

ALL IN ONE DAY: The series (Kabanata XIV)

Day 14

June 17, 2010

What I did today:
  • assisted in the production of media team
  • replaced defective PS/2 mouse
  • labelled defective system units
  • assisted troubleshooting block-out PCs
  • Handled and queued tech. support calls to be fixed
  • Assisted in installing U130 
  • Done cable management
  • Assisted fixing smartQ monitors
  • Fetched system units and peripherals from stock room

This is one of my memorable days. First of all, I had finished my internship today. However, I got a mixed feeling of gladness and a bit of sadness after that very hour. I felt very glad that I made it to the number of hours needed from ours, and finally I can concentrate more on our research-making, I felt sad because I had to leave this early and as a matter of fact, they were surprised that I finished earlier than they expected. How I wish that I could stay and bond with my mentors longer. How I wish that I could learn more things in the field that I am heading in. How I wish that I should have learn more things only if I stay. But reality is, It is time to  move forward, for there are lots of things to do.
Second, I was happy to be involved in this one-of-a-kind experience. I felt I was really a regular employee, I felt I belong, and I felt the real world, even face to face. I also learned a lot of practical and even technical knowledge about my chosen field. I also got to deal with demands and pressure which is all right for me, because It is a way of conditioning myself along the way. I also get to celebrate my birthday in a environment that I perhaps belong in the future. (Who knows?)
Third, I met people that does not hesitate to teach what they knew and to share things that I will be needing in the future. I am very thankful for these people (sorry, I cannot mention names because it is unethical, to think that a reader from any part of the world can view such information and eventually use them at the expense of others. That, I cannot permit to happen, and after all I signed the "Oath of Confidentiality" anyway.) and also to God for allowing these things to happen in my life.
To YOU
To my "possible" avid reader/s: this might be the end of the series or who knows? It might be the beginning of a new chapter in my life. God, let your will be done.

14 days down, more exhilarating, exciting, and blessed days to come.
        God bless everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment